Number of Days
1 day, 09:00 to 16:30.
There are several options for training. If you would like an on-site training the dates and times can be adjusted to fit your needs.
There are also training options offered by HL7 affiliates on fixed dates throughout the year. For more information contact us at email@example.com.
Summary of course content
This training course offers a 1 day discussion of advanced FHIR topics that are related to the implementation of FHIR. The aim is to cover all sorts of implementation aspects which are not covered by the standard itself, as well as some of the trickier parts of the standard. The training course contains a series of relatively small hands-on exercises allowing the attendee to get an in depth understanding of the material covered.
Who Should Attend
This training course is aimed at those that already have experience with the implementation of the HL7 FHIR standard.
Goals of the training course
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify architectural considerations that apply to FHIR and determine how to best address those in their own FHIR solutions
- Understand some of the trickier/advanced parts of FHIR
- Getting hands-on experience with various advanced aspects of FHIR
- Compare strategies for using relational or document-oriented storage, validation and use of Xml and Json
The attendees are assumed to be familiar with:
- The core components of the FHIR standard
- Software implementation of those core components
- Server side implementation issues (Spark, HAPI)
- Migration CDA/v2 to FHIR ◦Mapping CCDA to FHIR – the StructureMap resource and the mapping language
- Persistence of FHIR resources, (consistent technical ID, versioning, …)
- The url, the contained resource and the reference: identification across paradigms and ecosystems
- Advanced Fluentpath, implementation of.
- Re-use of existing validation engines
- Error handling
- Conformance Resources
- useful metadata services for building servers
- Resolving profiles, valuesets and other conformance resources
- Dealing with profile incompatibilities
- RDF and FHIR
We will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials.
Your instructor is available during lunch and after 16:30 for informal discussions about your specific area of interest or applications.